Steel structures are increasingly used in buildings such as workshop, warehouses, hangar, garage, and poultry houses. The quality and safety requirements should be stricter based on the characteristics of steel structure building itself. During the construction process, quality and safety are the top priorities. Today we’ll share what are the quality and safety requirements for the construction of steel structures?
Quality and Safety Requirements for the Construction of Steel Structure Quality
1. The raw materials must have factory certificate and inspection report.
2. Full penetration butt welds must be grooved. The welding line must be 100% ultrasonically inspected, and unqualified parts must be rejected for re-welding.
3. There must be a residual heat shrinkage of 0.7mm/m when cutting the plate.
4. The low-hydrogen electrode must be dried before use and kept dry during the construction.
5. Do not punch forcibly, ream by gas cutting, or damage the sandblasting friction surface during perforation when installing the friction-type high-strength bolts.
6. After the columns are installed, a cover plate must be added to the top to prevent rain and debris from falling into the column
7. Take waterproof measures for the column foot to prevent groundwater from leaking inside from the weak point of the interface between the column foot and the pile cap.
8. Since the form board of the pressed steel plate seat floor slab has the characteristics of dense joints without water leakage and nonabsorbent, the slump and sand rate of the floor concrete mix should be strictly controlled to prevent the occurrence of low concrete surface strength caused by bleeding during the initial setting of concrete. The powder and sand rate will cause quality problems such as shrinkage cracks. The slump should be 160mm～200mm, and the sand ratio should be 35%～38%.
1. When the positioner is installed, measures for underground ventilation and smoke must be done well, and 12V low-voltage lamps should be used for lighting.
2. The high-altitude soft-climbing ladder must be installed and hoisted before the column is hoisted. Workers must buckle the safety belt on the soft-climbing ladder when going up and down to prevent slip and fall accidents.
3. Make a good preparation of hanging down the horizontal safety net on the construction surface. The safety wire rope must be drawn between the column and the column for the worker to buckle the safety belt when walking horizontally during the installation of the beams.
4. When carrying out beam-column or beam-to-beam connection operations at high altitude, there must be a temporary working platform or the use of a safety hanging basket to facilitate the operation of workers.
5. The outer grille must keep up with the construction progress of the steel structure in time.
6. Organize construction reasonably, avoid three-dimensional crossing construction operations on the same working surface, and must do a good job in safety.
We Also Sorted Out the Following Construction Points
1. Wear a safety helmet when entering the construction site.
2. Make daily routine inspections of construction machinery and tools before use, especially wire ropes. Safety belts should also be checked once a week to ensure that they are in good condition
3. The safety protection of on-site machinery, equipment, and completed projects should be considered during the installation process.
4. When the wind speed is 10m/s, sometimes the hoisting work should stop. When the wind speed reaches 15m/s, all work must be stopped.
5. Wear gloves when installing and handling components and plates.
6. Workers in the special process should hold a valid certificate to work.
7. At the end of the day's work, the installed building must be properly supported to avoid accidents.
8. Always wear protective goggles when drilling holes.
That’s all we’d like to share with you today, hope this article will be helpful for you. For more information, pls visit our website: http://en.qdyili.com.