Steel is the best metal for building large structures, such as bridges, single-story industrial buildings, and residential buildings. The steel structure is mainly divided into three types: conventional steel structure, bolted steel structure, and light steel structure. Steel structure buildings have many advantages over concrete buildings. The following is a list of the advantages provided by steel construction:
1. Steel is a highly durable metal. It can withstand considerable external pressure. Therefore, steel structures are earthquake resistant, while concrete structures are brittle. The resistance of concrete is not as good as steel.
2. Compared with concrete structure, steel structure has good bearing capacity, while the bearing capacity of the concrete structure is very low.
3. Steel is a tensile metal. It has a high strength-to-weight ratio. The weight of the steel structure is 60% lighter than concrete.
4. Steel structure can be manufactured without foundation, but this is not suitable for a bulky concrete structure.
5. The steel structure is easy to erect, so the construction process is faster. This helps to complete the project faster. On the other hand, concrete construction is time-consuming.
6. Compared with concrete with little scrap value, having good scrap value also makes structural steel a better choice.
7. The steel structure is easy to manufacture and mass production. They are versatile and can be easily assembled, disassembled, and replaced. The steel structure can even be modified at the last minute.
8. Another advantage of steel structures is that they can be built on-site by professional steel structure manufacturers and then assembled on site.
9. Steel structures are an environmentally friendly option because they are easy to recycle. This means you can save on waste management costs.
10. Finally, the steel structure is light and easy to transport. Steel structure building is a safe choice, and the use of steel structure in the building will not harm health.