1. When selecting materials, attention should be paid to the carbide-forming elements that can cause precipitation, especially the content of V. When high V steel must be used, special attention should be paid to welding and heat treatment.
2. Heat treatment to avoid reheat-sensitive areas, can reduce the possibility of reheat cracking, if necessary, before the heat treatment process test.
3. Minimize residual stress and stress concentration, reduce the residual height, eliminate the biting edge, not weld through and other defects, if necessary, the residual height and weld toe grinding round; improve the preheating temperature, slow cooling after welding, reduce residual stress.
4. Proper line energy to prevent overheating of the heat-affected zone and coarse grain size.
5. In the premise of meeting the design requirements, the choice of a lower strength level of welding rod, let it releases part of the stress eliminated by the heat treatment process, (let the stress relax in the weld), to reduce reheat cracking is beneficial.